"laestadian, apostolic, gay, lgbtq, ex-oalc, ex-llc, llc, oalc, bunner" LEARNING TO LIVE FREE: Joke

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Joke

Someone told me once that a good indicator of whether your church is a cult or not is whether you can poke fun at it. Here's some lightmindedness for you.

One Sunday morning, a mother went in to wake her son and tell him it was time to get ready for church, to which he replied, "I'm not going."

"Why not?" she asked.

"I'll give you two good reasons," he said. "One, they don't like me, and two, I don't like them."

His mother replied, "I'll give you two good reasons why you should go to church. One, you're 54 years old, and two, you're the preacher."

1 comment:

  1. When ever I'm working on a project my fellow Finns love
    to point out things I'm doing
    wrong and defects in my work.

    I tell them this story:

    An Italian,Frenchman,and a Finn
    were in a closed-in room waiting
    to be executed by a gullotine.

    The Italian came out first,put
    his head in the cradle,the blade
    was released but hung up just
    short of his neck.The
    executioners surmised it was an
    act of a higher power so let go.

    The Frenchman came out next and
    the same thing happened so they
    let him go to.

    Then out came the Finn onto the
    platform,looked over the equipment
    and said in a loud voice:

    "Hey you guys you got a knot in
    the rope!"

    Conclusion obvious.

    ReplyDelete